Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Gemütlichkeit.


Two weekends ago was a reunion of the infamous Goon Squad.
It has been a few weeks since everyone left and I am just now getting to writing about it. I will blame this on the hangover from hell and just pure laziness. 
This is a quick little recap of how the weekend went:

It started off a bit rough with half the crew spending Friday sleeping after driving all night from Montana. A few of is meet up for some lunch but it was the hours before I heard from the lazy butts. When everyone finally arrived at my house it was game on. Within minutes a game of pong was going and the shit talking began. 

Shortly after the Montana crew arrived I had to dip out and go pick up my Cali boys. It seemed like possibly the longest drive of my life due to excitement. Through chanting and cheering my mom managed to stay asleep the whole night. My mind cannot comprehend how that is even possible. There was literally 14 people screaming at the top of there lungs. Countless rounds of pong later I saw a person outside the window dancing. Within seconds everyone began screaming. B rab and Jerry surprised  us all by showing up a day early. Everything was brought to a stop when we realized we needed a family picture.

This is a picture of my family. Not the family I was born into but the family I chose. These are the most amazing people I could ever ask to be apart of my life. This ladies and gentlemen is the goon squad. 
Anyway back to the drinking.. Two pony kegs and some bottles later it was Saturday morning. I got up to go watch my nephews soccer game and dragged these fools along with me:

My nephews were super excited that these clowns came to support and play with them. From here we picked up bottles I champagne and momosia time began. 6 bottles of champagne later we realized that we had polished off the kegs the night before and this was unexceptable. How does one party with kegs? So it was off to the keg store we went.  With keg in hand and dinner in our bellies The bell was rang and round two began. 
It was a kegstand and dancing kind of night. If only I could post the videos of everyone getting out of their mind... Kody even called in and was plugged into the sound system. Danny attempted a one handed keg stand.. By the use of the word attempted you should realize it was an epic failure. My brother is so fall that we needed to open the door for his legs to fit. I passed out a little early this night but woke up to people passed out all across my bedroom floor. 
It is now Sunday also known as game day. Time for all the shot talking to come to an all time hi as the sounders take on the galaxy. After sneaking a keg into our hotel room we decided to be classy and enjoy the sun on the rooftop bar.


The pregaming continued and it was time to march to the game. Since we had a bag of mixed team fans we created our own march. We caused a scene in downtown Seattle! It will never be the same. Through hooliganing and chanting we finally made it to the stadium. The game resulted in a tie and Mario almost getting in a fight with a mom. No one was arrested so I call it a successful outing. After the game we took over the piano bar. And when I say took over I mean the bar didn't have a chance once we walked through those doors. There was dancing and singing and drinking and drinking and drinking... 
And then it was time to walk back to the hotel. While barely making it back without and incidents we were back. 
Brendan Ben and I deceied to venture to get food. Ben took my phone and brgan snapping pictures. I will now post them as punishment for stealing my phone...
So after drunk midnight breakfast it was time for bed. 
The next day through an incredible hangover I made it home alive.

Until the next reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment