Sunday, October 20, 2013

Do they have PBR in Ethiopia?

After meeting up with two other volunteers who will be heading to Ethiopia in February I have come to a few conclusions:

1. No one has any clue what in the hell to pack besides duct tape and hot sauce. That being said I am now accepting donations of these two items as they are apparently all I will need to survive Ethiopia.

2. My biggest fear of being kick out of the Peace Corps after 3 months due to not being able to learn Amharic is a fear that is shared by everyone. 

3. Ethiopian food is pretty darn delicious.

4. Fourth of July cards, similar to Christmas cards, might just be sent out. The card will be a picture of us floating the Nile with PBR in hand. 

5. We need to figure out a way to get PBR in Ethiopia.


1 comment:

  1. Don't worry too much about the language. Generally countries will give people who are struggling extra help and extra time. There was a guy in my training group who was horrible at language and he still made it through. A lot of countries will even offer you the opportunity of having a tutor after PST, but that varies by country. A headlamp came in handy for me in my travels around Africa - and a good sturdy water bottle like a Nalgene was a must for long taxi rides. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete