Friday, October 18, 2013

Melty Puddle of Heart.

When I previously wrote that a goal of mine through this journey is to inspire people I truly mean this. To me there is no greater compliment then that of someone who tells me that I have inspired them to try something new or step out of their comfort zone.

So now I am going to share a story that melted my heart and created a melty puddle of heart.

So there I was the other night sitting at home in the same sweat pants I had been wearing for the past three days, you say I should shower more, I say I am prepping for the Peace Corps.. Tomato Tomato... Okay so maybe that saying doesn't work so well in print....Anywho there I was watching the Voice when a friend that I recently made text me out of the blue.

The first text I received went a little something like this:
" I am in a weird place right now. In between depression and happiness. Things are going well, but I realized last night that I abandoned bigger dreams to essentially conform to society and be a robot like everyone else. SO I deiced to talk to you, since you CLEARLY are following your dreams..."

After a few messages back and forth I received the one that made my heart happy and truly turn into a puddle. And not like a cute little jump in with rain boots puddle I'm talking water over road way status.
"... and that's why I wanted to talk to you about it. You truly are in inspiration and I believe tomorrow morning I'm going to put the wheels in motion to chase this dream."

It seriously amazes me how much we affect the people around us. I think we often forget this. So this is my advice. Give your dreams a chance. If you do you never know how you might inspire someone to follow their dreams. I would have never thought that this journey I am on would affect those around me to the degree that it has. I haven't even left yet and I have had multiple people approach me and let me know that they are a better person for knowing me. This is why the quote I am because we are is tattooed on my shoulder. I truly believe that we are only as good as the people we surround ourselves with. So this is not me tooting my own horn; this is me tooting the horns of every person I call my friend. You guys all inspire me which allows me to inspire others. Heres to you for making my heart a big melted mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment