Monday, October 14, 2013

Waiting is the name of the game. Peace Corps Timeline.

This would not be a Peace Corps blog if it did not include a timeline.
As every FPCV knows waiting is the name of the game.
To ease your worried mind here is what my timeline looked like.

March 26, 2013: Submitted Application.
(This application took me close to a month to complete. This is not including my letters of reference. When asking people to write you letters of reference be understanding that the Peace Corps asks for quite a lot of information about you!)

March 26, 2013: Submitted medical evaluation in MAP.

April 10, 2013: Scheduled interview.

April 16,2013: Interview.
(Interview took around and hour and a half.)

May 2, 2013: Nominated for a health sector position tentatively departing February 2014.
Around this time I was told that I was not technically medically pre-cleared but that I had not other tasks to complete.

May 9, 2013: Received legal clearance packet.

May 10, 2013: Mailed legal clearance packet back.

May 16, 2013: Received an email stating my packet had been received.

June 5, 2013: Legally pre-cleared.

July 22, 2013: Asked to submit Health Question Set.

July 25, 2013: Told it was received and that I would be hearing in the coming weeks.

September 24, 2013: After hearing nothing for months I received my official invitation =)

Now for the copious amounts of paperwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment