Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wine and waterproof mascara.

This weekend I am going to Portland for a last hoorah with a few friends. I am beyond excited to see them and get to hangout... But I also can't shake this over whelming sadness.
Don't get me wrong I am beyond excited for the next two years of my life and all that is going to come with it. It's just that I have finally found my people.
The people who get things about me that I don't even get. The people that can make every darkness in my world have a glimmer of hope. I have never had this before. Not like this. Being away from them for two years is scary. In all honesty it is the hardest part about leaving. 
This weekend is a reminder or what I will be leaving behind but it's also a reminder of what I have to come back to.
I am lucky to have found the most supportive and encouraging people in the entire world.

So this weekend I am packing a bottle of wine and my waterproof mascara. 
Time to leave with a bang!
Bring it on portlandia! 

No comments:

Post a Comment