Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wind beneath my wings.

When I offically submitted my application for Peace Corps service one if the first questions that came to mind was how everyone in my life would react.
Would they think I was crazy?
Would they understand?

I can honestly say that from the day I submitted my application I have felt nothing but support and love from everyone in my life. I am less than two weeks from departure now and the amount of comments I receive increases everyday. People who I haven't spoken to in a few years are messaging me telling me I inspire them to follow their dreams. 
Peace corps service is so much bigger than I thought it would be. It really does touch everyone in your life.

Last weekend my friends through me a surprise going away party. Part of the surprise was this video.

If you are considering applying for the Peace Corps just know that it does effect every one in your life. You are not the only person who will change during your experience. 
I am so thankful for this experience and how much closer it has brought me to friends and family already.

I can't wait to see the effects when I return. 

No comments:

Post a Comment