Sunday, January 26, 2014

I am because we are.

I should start off with the fact that I am not an attractive cryier . Hollywood can go fuck itself making people think that crying is an art. Well it may be an art but one I have yet to perfect.
This weekend was full of tears. Large, loud, heartfelt tears. Some of joy. Some of pure panic. 

Honestly though how many people can say they had a group if 15-20 friends who showed up to surprise them for any occasion? What did I do to earn these amazing people in my life? I don't understand it. I probably never will. Lord knows I'm not complaining one bit though. 
The suprises started moments after arriving to Portland and continued the whole weekend. It was honestly one of the craziest emotional roller coasters I have ever ridden on. If there was a warning sign posted on this ride it would look a little like this:

Warning: this weekend is not for the faint hearted. Riders will be subjected to extended periods of crying followed by more crying. It is noted that when the rider assumes the ride is close to over a second lap will occur. Panic attacks may occur at any time. 

In all serious though I have never felt so loved in my entire life. Do you know what it's like to be in a room with 20 of your closest friends watchin a video full of even more people who wanted to wish you good luck in life? It's the most overwhelming amazing feeling that anyone could ever experience. I wish I could take that feeling bottle it up and sprinkle it on the world. That is how true peace would be reached. 
These are two of the culprits behind this weekend. If it were not for these two truly amazing people I would never have had the courage or confidence in myself to embark on this journey. I owe it all to them and their love and constant support. They saved me. Plain and simple they are my people. 

To everyone who had a part in this weekend I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love you all.


I am because we are. Without you I am nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment