Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Ol' Switch -A-Roo.

Last week I received an email from the Peace Corps placement office asking if I would be interested in switching sectors. I was asked to switch from Health to Ag/ Environmental for food security.  Just when I thought I had my future figured out the Peace Corps throws a wrench in.  After a conversation with my best friend and a mild freak out I decided to leave my decision up to the Peace Corps gods. I replied to the email saying that if they wanted to switch me I was up for the challenge. Moments after sending the email I received notice that I would in fact be switched. I will now be working with food security. To be honest I don't really have any idea what exactly I will be doing now but I am okay with this uncertainty. With the Peace Corps you really have to be okay with the fact that you have no idea what the hell is ever going on. I just leave it up to them. And of course my Peace Corps Ag god. 
Oh wait you didn't know that there was a Peace Corps Ag God?
Well you do now. 
I like to picture him in a flannel with cut off sleeves.
To me it says I am prepared to work but also like to be comfortable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment