Wednesday, February 12, 2014

We did it, we did it, we did it hooray!


This is real life.
I'm sitting here eating breakfast at the King hotel in Addis Ababa with 70 other Peace Corps Trainees. We will not be offical volunteers until we are sworn in three months form now. 
This is our group known as G10. After our safe arrival at the Addis airport. I am so incredibly impressed with the talent and travels that this group is made up of. Everyone holds such a different story but at the same time has a very similar mindset. I guess you have to in order to do this. Were all a special kind of crazy.

The hotel that we are staying at is absolutely beautiful and the staff is incredible. I can already see a glimps of the spirit of the Ethiopian people and it makes my excitement grow.

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face knowing that today I imbark on the greatest journey of my life this far.

This is a picture of the view from my room.
This blog post isn't my best writing but I am still kind of out of it from a lack of sleep. 
I will post more before we leave Addis for training :)

No comments:

Post a Comment