Thursday, November 13, 2014

Peace Corps Baby!


 I have now been in Itiioopyia for 9 months.

That my friend is in fact a Peace Corps Baby.

I have been attempting to think of a name for this beautiful experience thus far.

I think I shale name this Peace Corps baby Patience.

I also feel this is an important time to reveal my analytical, scientific, totally awesome theory on the similarities of Peace Corps service and pregnancy. Have I ever been pregnant? Well no. But I have Wikipedia (when there’s network) and that is a credible source right? So here it is ladies and gentlemen.

A Comparative Analysis of Pregnancy and Peace Corps Service.

Written By the Future Dr. Andrea Spake. Dr. Dre for short.

Peace Corps is described as the toughest job you will ever love. The person who coined this phrase was not lying. Service however is not difficult for some of the reasons you may think. Sure it is difficult to have to wash clothes by hand, and sometimes it would be nice to have electricity. But through this paragraph or so I will attempt to prove that the difficulties in Peace Corps service are similar to those difficulties that are experienced by one half the population of the world; Pregnancy. You are now thinking Dr. Dre how in the world are you going to compare your dirty hippy Peace Corps service to the beautiful gift of bringing life into the world? Also you’ve never been pregnant so how can you speak on its behalf? It’s true they seem very different at the surface level, but the similarities will surprise you. Yes, I have never been pregnant but I have seen pregnant women. Scientists often write about animals they have never been right? Trust me I studied biology. 

The first example in this super scientific paper is strange cravings. This is common knowledge about pregnant women they crave strange food. The same is true for Peace Corps volunteers. The difference is we PCV’s cant always cure this craving. Speaking from experience I even have dreams about food. Really vivid, wake up tasting it, dreams. This is something I never experienced in my life. I find myself having to physically close my eyes while watching TV shows or movies because the sight of food I can’t eat makes the cravings worse.

My second example is the constant mood swings of a Peace Corps Volunteer. I have been around plenty of pregnant women so this one I can say in confidence as well. Pregnant women change their moods just as often as I do. One day you are on cloud nine enjoying life and the next minute you are screaming in your house cursing every person you saw that day.

What other outrageous connections can I think of? Let’s see there is the constant change in weight, both loss and gain depending on the volunteer and the fact you can’t always control your bodily functions.

So to conclude this super dooper scientific paper I just want to say this: don’t judge yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment