Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Care packages part two? I guess.


Care packages. Little boxes of love that bring immense joy into my life whenever they arrive. I have been asked again to post some things I enjoy receiving in packages.

Sport Equipment:

                - Currently I have 3 soccer balls, a frisbee, and a jump rope. Other equipment to as we say "make sport" is great. I spend a good amount of time exercising and playing with children outdoors.  Here we have access to plenty of space, a soccer field, and a volleyball court. 

Games:

                -Games are a great thing to have laying around when other vols come to visit. I do have one deck of cards but besides that I have nothing. I also enjoy doing crossword puzzles and mind games.  Since there is a lot of time when the power is out it would be nice to have small activities to work on.

Art supplies:

                -I brought zero, zilch, notta in the way of art supplies.  It would be nice to have some for when the power is out. Which is out. All of the time.

Food:

                -Any PCV will tell you that getting food in care packages is pretty much the most amazing thing ever. Really any food is great. Spices, spice packages, and package mixes (like gravy ect) are awesome.  Dried fruit and nuts are nice to have laying around. Shakable parmesan cheese is great. It does not need to be put in a fridge and is a tasty treat. Anything that requires you to only add water is also nice. I do have powdered milk so if it requires milk no matter.  I am starting to train for a half marathon as soon as the rainy season is over. Here finding sources of protein is something I struggle with.  A decent tasting protein powder would be amazing.  Really any protein powder would be great. Maybe a shaker bottle to make it in?

Smelly good things:

                -Lets be honest. I feel dirty all the time. Even after showering I do not feel clean. To combat this I like things that at least smell clean. Scented candles, body spray, and maybe even fabric softener/ drier sheets just to put places would be nice.  It is also nice to have hair products. Since I am not able to wash my hair nearly enough I try to at least put a all in one product/ hair oil into it when I do.

As far as whimsical goes ummm I guess themed packages sound fun! Either themed for a holiday that I am missing or a different place.

  It is also nice to get pictures of things I am missing back home. Although they make me sad that I missed them I get to feel like I was a part of it. And it is nice to have things to decorate my walls with.

To be honest this post took be entirely too long to write this post. I feel really weird about asking for things.  I want you to know that anything and everything that is sent is really appreciated by me and the vols around me that I share with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment